For the long, narrative version, go HERE. For the bullet points, continue below.
Kuthona 23, 4716
- At the Auger Temple in Downmarket, Augustille has some kind of vision in which he speaks Aklo:
The owl will seek but will not find,
But spire of knowledge pays in kind
In secret kept in secret keep
In forest dark and cavern deep
The abbey of the glutton moon
Will flow with blood, the wind in tune
To finish that begun before
And open wide the doomsday door
The shattered star with seven shards
For seven lords with seven swords
The queen of blue in distant skies
Will kindle new the ancient wars
The seas will rise and men will drown
And what was lost shall claim the crown
- Vargun offers to try to get us into the Therassic Spire.
Kuthona 24, 4716
- After picking up Vargun at the Auger Temple, we returned the Therassic Spire…again.
- Vergun extorts our way in by threatening to reveal the Spire’s unlawful entrance into the Undercity.
- The adventuring band was sent to the “dark forest” to retrieve the Shard.
- The Coulborn are a race of ancient beings (older than Thassilon) who live in the Xavorax (a city in Undercity).
- There is a secret tunnel that leads to a workshop of Karzoug and then to the Chamber of the Black Menhir beyond the River of Memory.
- Koifa says, “I just want this whole thing to go away.”
- Find out what happened to the other group of adventurers (and rescue them if possible – if not, bring back the bodies).
- The Dark Forest is a realm within Undercity.
- We agreed to go without seeking a permit.
- After hundreds of feet of stairs and tunnels, we reach another door.
- Beyond the door is a floating drop of purple “oil.” The blob kept asking for inquiries. If we waited too long, it turned into a Symbol of Fear. When we asked it about the dark forest, it turned into a Symbol of Weakness. We bypassed the thing with blankets and left the room.
- The next room had a Sihedron rune in the floor and an image of the head of a Coautl. The creature may be bound here. We released it and it mistook Grath for the real Sorshen. We were actually able to release the creature from its binding! It gives us three feathers that can be used to summon Tsikinal for assistance.
- In the opposite room, we found three Kytons. We left them “trapped” in the room.
- In a spherical room, an orrery of Golarion’s solar system.
- Beyond the orrery, we find Hassari (one of the first adventurers) weeping over the body of Perotus. She attacks us for some reason and then a swarm of wasps erupts from the body of the Halfling. We killed the Monk easily, but the swarm ignored Sawyer’s fire, so we locked it in the room and left it for later.
- In the nest room, we found a Moonflower. We closed the door and left.
- In a circular room with a circular ziggurat, we triggered a trap, slamming some of up against the wall. The room was spinning at an incredible rate. We got the room to stop spinning, but then someone started summoning monsters on us. The Bloat Mage (Luonim the Vast) was trying to kill us!
- 1,173 gp
- + 1 Amulet of Natural Armor (1,000 gp)
Ardoc chisel of office (not sellable; unless specific reason to keep it, item was taken Augurs)
- Fortifying Leeches (3,000 gp)
- From the Minds of Monsters (+ 1 Tome of Clear Thought) (recharges on Abadius 20)
- + 1 Leather Armor (580 gp)
- Lesser Wings of Flying (Mechanical; 11,000 gp)
- Light crossbow (17 gp)
- Longsword (7 gp)
- Masterwork Composite Longbow (200 gp)
- Masterwork Dagger (151 gp)
- Can cast another Divination on Kuthona 28.